Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

What a Sunday...

Sunday, July 06, 2008

It was a Sunday.. I woke up at 8:30am when I heard Edison's voice from his little bed.... He was looking at me the moment he was awake...

"Good morning, Edison!".. I dread myself to wake up, walked to the toilet and cleaned myself.. Then I cleaned Edison and changed him.. He was delighted to see his bottle of warm milk and quickly drank it the moment I put the tit into his mouth.. 180ml taken within 10 mins, that was real fast...

I'm lucky to hired a good helper.. Her name is Niti, 23 y/o from Central Java.. She helped me with all the house chores during the weekend... As I had my breakfast and browsed through the newspaper's headlines, Edison was playing with Niti in the living hall...

After my breakfast, I went to do some work in the kitchen... cooking Edison's favourite fish porridge using a slow cooker... followed by steaming an apple & a pear to make into puree... This puree will be stored into the mini cubes and frozen for later consumption... This has been a weekly routine to me to make fruits puree for Edison...

Soon, its 10:30am, Edison was a little sleepy... He took a short half-an-hour nap.. Then, I bathe him at slightly pass 11am... This cheeky little boy likes to play with his powder puff container..




At 12noon, it was lunch time for Edison and he took half a bowl of fish porridge... Soon after lunch, he was sleepy again.... He dozed off with his bulging tummy... His beauty sleep ended at 2:00pm... Its was good timing, as I've just finished my lunch...

Soo, it was activity time for Edison... As usual, he was super active and crawl all over the house.. He practically mopped the floor with his shirt... and he ran into all kinds of troubles at home; pulling the wires from the TV cabinet, poking into the power point with his little fingers, pull and throw away the edge guards that Grandpa has installed on our coffee table and TV cabinet... Naughty little Edison! :)

Milk time again at 3pm, and he finished off another 150ml... An hour later, Edison had his apple puree.. I insisted that Edison must take one cube of fruit daily (35ml) as Vit C is crucial for strenghtening his immune system..

At 4:30pm, Edison went to take another half an hour of power nap.. Then, we hit off to the playground... Edison enjoyed riding the wooden horse a lot... Looking at the children happily running around the playground, I felt to 'stress-free' and relaxed... After the playground, we took a stroll around the garden, admiring the little fish in the pond...













Dinner for Edison was served at 6:30pm... He finished another half bowl of fish porridge... Then, he played with toys that were scattered all over his playmat.. I got an sms from Elaine (Rent-That-Toy), and it was time to return the toys that we have rented last month.. I quickly browsed through her website and have chosen another 2 set of toys for exchange... I always make sure that he has enough toys to play... I think that toys help in the motor development for the children...

At 8:30pm, it was wind down activity for Edison.. I put Edison on his little bed and dim the light... I am doing some sleep training for Edison... For the first 10 mins, I let him lie down on his bed, roll around and get into sleep (on his own!)... I walked into the room to check on him every minute.. If he still doesn't get into sleep after 10 mins, I will help him by gently patting his back and humming some goodnight songs to soothe him..

After he went to sleep, I have 2 hours of free time to surf the net & read a book before I go to bed..

To many people, this may be a daily routine in their life.. But for a FTWM (full time working mother) like me, I enjoyed every hour and every minute spent with my little boy..

HAPPINESS is, to see him grow, stronger and taller each day.. It was all I needed... :)
Dear Edison, Mummy loves u more and more each day ~~

0 comments:

Possibly Related Posts


Related Article Widget by Hoctro