Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

He Calls 'Mama'

Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Until now, Edison doesn’t talk much. At 14+ months, I’m not sure if this is considered slow in speech development. He doesn’t call anyone, even if you ask him to.

But there is ONE exception.

Me: “Edison, call Mama”
Edison:
“MAMA” (loud and clear)

Of course, this doesn’t work all the time. If he is occupied with toys, he will not respond. I would say 70% of the time, it works.

My heart really melts every time he calls me MAMA. I’m sure many first-time mothers out there will feel the same too. It’s really a very good feeling!

And another 30% of the time, he would babble about something that I don’t quite understand. I know he is trying very hard to talk and communicate with us, he just need a little more time.

In addition to ‘mama’, the words that he can pronounce clearly are ‘papa’, ‘star’ and ‘bird’.

0 comments:

Possibly Related Posts


Related Article Widget by Hoctro