Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Our First Post Baby Date

Friday, October 31, 2008

Yesterday, my husband and I took some time-off from work to go for a date. It was our very first post baby date! We have been craving for some personal time together and we finally made it!

With work commitments and a child at home, the time that I spend with my husband has been scarce. In addition, my husband’s new job requires him to work on shift. This means, he has to work on alternate weekends. Due to all these factors, sometimes we neglect each other’s need for love and affection.

My friend once told me, ‘We can’t be circling our children 365 days a year, 24 hours a day. We need to have some time for ourselves and our husband.’ I totally agree with her.

Now that we go dating, I feel ‘connected’ to him again. I see him as my boyfriend, instead of my husband and father of our child. I recalled all the lovely things that we did when we were dating each other. We have so much of time, we have so many things to do, we share the same dream and we love each other. Catching those moments of togetherness now, it’s simply amazing!

We took a nice long stroll along Orchard Road. Do our regular shopping, leisurely and with slow speed. Anyway, it’s just the two of us! NO searching for baby changing room, NO changing diaper, NO feeding. Nothing. We just take our own sweet time.
-
After all the fun, we went for a buffet dinner. We called up Ellenborough Market CafĂ© at Swissotel Merchant Court. But they were fully booked! We ended up with international buffet at Sakura, Orchard Shopping Centre. From 7pm onwards, the restaurant was full of people. Hey, I thought Singapore has entered a ‘technical recession’?!?! It seems like buffet business is not affected at all.
-
We had a huge dinner - sushi, sashimi, prawns, tom yam seafood soup, herbal prawn soup, herbal black chicken soup, baked oyster, mussels, spaghetti, siew mai, dumpling roll, yam paste, beef steak, otah, satay and lots of fruits. I can't imagine I can eat so much food!

After our dinner, we quickly rushed back to fetch our little Edison home. As usual, he was super excited when he saw us. He knew that Daddy & Mummy had a great time.

It was an excellent evening. Both of us had a good dose of couple time. We definitely need more of this!--

0 comments:

Possibly Related Posts


Related Article Widget by Hoctro